Friday, October 15, 2010

BUDGET 2011 FEEDBACKS

DATUK SERI TONY FERNANDES

AirAsia Bhd

Group CEO

I AM thrilled about the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) in Greater KL. This is something long overdue. People do not realise the significant loss in productivity to be sitting in traffic jams. Hopefully, with the MRT, this problem will be alleviated.

It is critical to cover the whole of KL and I hope that the railways will continue to be developed. It would be fantastic if KTM is linked to KL International Airport as that could spur tourism along the entire KTM network stretching from north to south. Along the way, there are many tourism projects and the linkages can only benefit the rural economy tremendously.

I am happy that talent is being put to the forefront. We should try to bring back our talent from abroad. For that to happen, we must be prepared to compete with the best in the world.

No comments: